About the opportunity
Detecting and recruiting potential patients to clinical trials is a major global challenge. Despite an estimated $19 billion spent annually on patient recruitment representing the largest component of clinical trial costs, almost half of all activated trial sites fail to meet enrolment goal with more than 20% of clinical trials never completed, and their actual duration frequently doubled, causing an over budget amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars each year.
Founded in 2014 in partnership with leading international clinical trials experts and global “Key Opinion Leaders”, CTMA is a MedTech start-up that has developed an innovative, digitally-based, high added-value web application used by physicians to boost patient recruitment in clinical trials by facilitating the recognition of potentially eligible patients.
Already well established and recognised in IBD with scientifically proven results (Bouhnik Y et al. Looking for innovative digital solutions to optimize patient recruitment in IBD trials. Gastroenterology 2020 in press), our ambition is to become the recognized recruitment solution used across major therapeutic areas available worldwide.
Our customers are major pharmaceutical companies, CROs (Clinical Research Organizations) and academic research centres (“societies” and associations) who sponsor and execute clinical trials.
To support and accompany its growth and the success of its international development, CTMA is recruiting a Business Developer
Immersed in an entrepreneurial atmosphere, you will participate in the development and future success of this solution.
- Identifying and initiating contact with new clients and markets
- Identifying the key decision makers in the purchasing process
- Preparing, attending and pitching at bid defense meetings
- Putting together, negotiating and closing the sales process
- Participating and representing CTMA in all events (networking, international congresses, conferences and trade fairs) to promote the solution
Once the negotiation concluded, and throughout the implementation of the solution, you will continue to maintain relationships with the client and be a driving proposal force for future projects and developments.
In addition, you will provide CTMA management with relevant market information needed to generate product development ideas (competitors, future client needs)
With minimum a Bachelor’s degree in science (BSc, MD, Phar D, PhD) and/or business (MBA or business school), you
- Have a prior successful business development experience to key accounts in the life-science field, selling services preferably related to the clinical trial process (CRO’s, sponsors, vendors….)
- Are used to, and master complex customer negotiations processes in an international environment
- Are business-savvy and at ease in small but fast-growing structures, which favour autonomy and initiatives
- Have a sound knowledge of the pharmaceutical, life science or medical device industry, and/or of the rapidly evolving sector of e-health and digital applications
- Have an international outlook and are fluent in English (written and spoken) skills
Position based ideally in France but with a very international scope (Europe / US …)
Contact: Pierre Pellier, Global Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org